Farewell to My Grandma Coleman

Monday, May 18, 2015
The Compassvale Chapel

Hello!

This week my Grandma Coleman passed away. President Mains called to let me know. I am so thankful our prayers were answered on her behalf. How grateful I am she is in the spirit world now!! She's resting but also getting straight to work I would imagine! When I heard the news, and read the incredible experience that dad had right before she passed away, I was overcome with joy!!!! I knelt down and prayed full of gratitude for our many, many blessings.

We had a great experience with one of our investigators this week. He is a Singaporean Indian guy, and he readily accepted the Word of Wisdom when we taught him this week. We asked him if there was anything we could help him with at the end of the lesson, and he told us, "If I have anything, I will call you and tell you." We thought that was fair enough, so we left shortly thereafter. About 5 minutes later, as we are walking out to the bus stop, he calls us and says this: "Ya know, you wanted to know how you could help me. Help me change. I want to change and be a better person. I just want you to help me change." That was pretty sick and pretty fulfilling. The Savior through us is going to help him change!!!

This week I finished reading the Book of Mormon again and wanted to share my experience with you. Yet again, I heeded Moroni's promise as recorded in the final chapter of the Book of Mormon. Yet again, I got an answer from Heavenly Father as He spoke through His Spirit to me. (See "An Educated Conscience" BYU devotional by Stephen R Covey)

I know the Book of Mormon is true. I know it's the word of God. I know it's a trial of our faith to see if we will accept the Book of Mormon to see if we will be open and humble enough to accept anything that is from God. I am so grateful that in the LDS faith, we do not rely solely on a book that has been meddled with and edited and changed by men - but rather we depend on additional and continuing revelation, both from a prophet and apostles to lead us and personal revelation to ourselves directly. We are so blessed for our heritage of faith!

I know this world is merely Part 2 in a drama that spans long before we came here and will yet span for centuries. I'm excited to one day see Grandma Coleman again and come to know her without the Alzheimer's disease, to thank her for her powerful influence on our father and that she continued in the faith so that WE could all benefit from it. 

I love you all so much and can't wait to see you. Progress to the end, baby!! 


Elder Clay Coleman


No comments:

Post a Comment