Arrived in Singapore!

Friday, October 25, 2013
Elder Coleman meets President & Sister Mains
Hello parents!

Sorry I didn't get an opportunity to send this to you earlier! I love you guys! 

My trainer is from California! My first area is M a s a i, near J a h o r B a h r u, right outside of Singapore. Go crazy learning about it! Also, I'll be learning Iban (go look that up) so that blessing in my setting apart will come in handy, the one about learning other languages. I love you so much. I will talk to you when I talk to you!

Love always your sonny!

PS I'll be hearing from Clayton Christensen at our next zone conference! The odds!

(Note from AD: Brad Mains is Clay's mission president. He and his wife are serving a three-year mission to preside over all of the missionaries called to serve in the Singapore Mission of our church. He and his wife will play a vital role in Clay's mission. My heart is so grateful for their willingness to leave their life in Pennsylvania, their children and grandchildren, to serve with and mentor Clay and the other missionaries. The "trainer" refers to his first companion in the mission field, who is a more experienced missionary and who will be showing Clay the ropes. Also, Clay refers to his "setting apart," which is a priesthood blessing our Stake President gave to Clay before he entered the MTC. President Brennan blessed Clay with an ability to learn whatever languages he would be called upon to learn. I thought it might be Chinese at some point--I didn't know about this Iban dialect! So exciting! And Clayton Christensen, the Harvard Business School professor and writer, is the family friend we named Clay after whom we know from our four years living in Boston.)

1 comment:

  1. It is so fun to see Coleman with our dear friends the Mains. He's going to be a great missionary!
    Keith

    ReplyDelete