So Fast, Lah!

Monday, July 6, 2015
Durian Fiesta for the Fourth of July! (not really but it was on the fourth)
President Lai 
Universal Studios in Singapore
Missionaries heading out to serve from Miri!! 
The weeks FLY BY HERE!

First of all, Happy Fourth of July to everyone!! America isn't perfect, but seriously the world has been such a better place because of it. Thanks be to our ancestors and predecessors who sacrificed so much for our beloved country.

How does one celebrate the  Fourth of July in Singapore, one might ask? A fair question. I answer:

DURIAN FIESTA

Enjoy the pics. Here's one with our Stake President, Stephen Lai!!!

Well, this week was great as we got to know our new Mission President and his wife, President and Sister Simmons!! They're amazing, and I have a lot of faith they are exactly what the Singapore mission needs to push forward this work and help the missionaries fulfill their callings. Sister SImmons acts just like... AD Coleman!! She's just like Momma Coleman, and Elder Allen (a friend from early in my mission) said to me, "Dude, she looks just like Momma Coleman." My mother's fame is spreading!!! hahaha But seriously, it's great. I like her already, but really just because she reminds me of my own mother. 

On Monday for Pday, we went to Sentosa Island in Singapore to check out some approved attractions on the island. I got to see Sister Coward for the last time! She flew back home to New Zealand on Wednesday. On Tuesday, I had to go on a visa run to KL via airplane with Elder Pun because his visa got a bad chop!! So I met up with Elder Hansen at KL Sentral and said goodbye to Malaysia for the final time. I'll be back... but not as a missionary. Pretty sad! And on Wednesday, I was asked by President Mains to go pick up some new missionaries from MIRI!! My old kampung! They are just leaving on their missions. They are so young and fresh - but they will go home as gospel veterans. I'm grateful for the change that has taken place in me on my mission, and I hope everyone can have the opportunity to work with the Lord and be changed by Him during their service.

I love you all and enjoy the pics!! 

See ya next week!! (on email :)

Elder Clay Coleman
Durian -- A favorite treat!
Last stop in Malaysia as a missionary (with Elder Hansen)
Sister Coward is heading home. She was in my zone in Miri.

No comments:

Post a Comment